Wednesday, October 19, 2011

34. Have You Ever Bought The Same Record More Than Once?

One of my all time favorite recordings is The Colour and The Shape by Foo Fighters. I want this on vinyl bad, but not bad enough to pay $100+ for it. I was looking on Amazon hoping to snipe a used LP cheap and found out that it will be re-released on November 21st for a mere $22. I will be buying this record for sure! I first bought it on cd when it came out back in 1997 and latter gave it to a friend. I quickly went out and bought another one and it eventually got scratched up and I downloaded it for free. A few years ago, a deluxe edition came out with extra tracks and I bought it to replace the scratched up one. So that means that I've bought this CD three times new, not used. When I buy this on Vinyl, it will mean that I have purchased it four times new. Have I ever bought a recording new more times than this? Let's do a list!

I bought Synchronicity by The Police new, once on vinyl, once on cassette and twice on CD over the course 28 years. I've bought quite a few recordings in different formats over the years. Without breaking it down into different formates, I will list the total number of times I have bought a particular recording new. Here we go:

The Police - Synchronicity X 4

The Beatles - The Beatles (white album) X 3

Sting - The Dream of the Blue Turtles X 3

Pearl Jam - Ten X 3

Blink 182 - Enema of the State X 3

Van Halen - 1984 X 3

Van Halen - 5150 X 3

Van Halen - Balance X 3

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape X 3

I have bought too many to mention, twice.

I have also bought MANY MANY records and CDs used over the years.

Over all, the recording I have owned the most times, would have to be The Beatles White Album, which I've owned at least 10 editions of in my 30+ years of buying music. Three times on CD and at least seven times on vinyl including a reissue that I just bought as well as four original numbered LPs, one in the Parlophone blue boxed set BC13 and the one I bought in 1984 at Camelot records. Although I've owned it at least 10 times, I only bought it new in a store three times.

When I buy The Colour and the Shape new on vinyl, it will tie Synchronicity for the recording I have bought most times new. Hmmm. Have I come to the conclusion that I have spent way too much money on music?          Nah!

No comments:

Post a Comment