Saturday, December 25, 2010

17. R.E.M. - Document - 1987

REM's fifth album would give them an audience outside of College Radio and MTV. The song "The One I Love" went crazy on the radio. All of a sudden everyone knew who they were. As years go by, "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" gets bigger and bigger. It's arguably their most popular and enduring song. This is their first album with Producer Scott Litt and their last with IRS Records. Although it is a fine record, I don't believe it's any better than Reckoning or Lifes Rich Pageant, yet it's more popular due to the strength of it's two stand out singles. Honestly, I think I prefer Reckoning and Lifes. Document made it to number 10 on the US Album charts and sold over a million copies. Here's mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment