Saturday, December 25, 2010

18. R.E.M. - Green - 1988

For their sixth LP, REM broke with IRS and signed with Warner Bros. For the second time Scott Litt would serve as producer. This record is one of my all-time favorites. Sure, we all love "Orange Crush", who doesn't? My favorite song on this has to be "You Are The Everything". It's beautiful and touching and warm and friendly. It reminds me of a certain place and time. Walking barefoot in fresh cut grass at night with lightning bugs and crickets all around and the glow of an incandescent lightbulb through a screen door in the distance. "You Are The Everything" should have been a single. This LP produced a slew of singles and videos like: "Pop Song 89", "Stand", "Get Up" and "Turn You Inside Out". I though "I Remember California" would be released as a single, but it wasn't. "Turn You Inside Out" had a video, but wasn't a single. This is a great record!!! Here's mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment